Consider some of these questions while you are reviewing these statutes.
- How do the statutes define sex, if at all?
- How do they define force, if at all?
- What is the mens rea required?
- How do you think they balance the rights of the accused with the harm to be avoided?
- As a defense attorney, which one would you find most defendant-friendly?
- As a prosecutor, which one would you find most prosecution-friendly?
This book, and all H2O books, are Creative Commons licensed for sharing and re-use. Material included from the American Legal Institute is reproduced with permission and is exempted from the open license.