Content from the following sources has been used in the creation of this casebook:
Including material from the following sections:
- 1: Mass incarceration: How did we get here? How is it serving us?
- 4: Mens Rea and your Mental State: Thoughts on Law School Success
- 7: Gangs, Drugs, Conspiracy Law and Mass Incarceration
- 9: Police and the Law of Self-Defense
- 10: The Insanity Defense and its Limitations
- 11: Plea-Bargaining
- 12: What is Public Safety?
- 13: Are Police Effective?
- 14: Poverty and Crime, Wealth Extraction
- 15: Racial Disparities
- 16: Restorative Justice
- 17: Dialogue in the classroom
- 18: Other Resources/Lists/Clearinghouses
This book, and all H2O books, are Creative Commons licensed for sharing and re-use. Material included from the American Legal Institute is reproduced with permission and is exempted from the open license.